PETA. Rarely have four letter conjured up such a picture of crazy asshatness as p, e, t and a. Their "ethical treatment of animals" message is good and all, their execution of getting the message out there is ridic. I mean, Sea Kittens, really?
Now they have a commercial called Veggie Love that NBC will not run during the Super Bowl. Banned! PETA says it's too sexy. Millions of other people say it's too desperate and gross. Implied sex with asparagus. Pumpkin humping. And who the hell says vegetarians have better sex? I'd like to see that study, because clearly the brainaics behind that one have never thanked a significant other for bringing them and In-N-Out Double Double Cheeseburger with no onions. Talk about yummy!
PETA lists NBC's specific list of concerns over the ad as:
- licking pumpkin
- touching her breast with her hand while eating broccoli
- pumpkin from behind between legs
- rubbing pelvic region with pumpkin
- screwing herself with broccoli (fuzzy)
- asparagus on her lap appearing as if it is ready to be inserted into vagina
- licking eggplant
- rubbing asparagus on breast
I noticed no eggplant, but I'm no expert commercial watcher for NBC. I did notice the huge "Pay Attention to Me" sign though.